DIY Craft: Pagami Paper Craft Tabby Cat
Inspired by kirigami, the Japanese art of paper cutting and folding, Pagami are simple paper crafts you can make at home. Make your own Pagami Tabby Cat in just six easy steps:
1. Download the template here
2. Print on card stock
3. Cut solid lines
4. Fold on dotted lines
5. Match by number
6. Glue all tabs
Materials & Technique
For best results:
- Cut paper with a sharp scalpel. Scalpels are more precise than scissors.
- Cut on a cutting mat using even pressure and smooth cut strokes.
- Use a bone folder (or an empty mechanical pencil will work in lieu of this specialty tool) to score fold lines with light pressure before folding to ensure a crisp edge.
- Print on non-glossy card stock and handle paper lightly to ensure ink does not rub off.
- Use a small paint brush to apply a thin coat of liquid white glue to each tab.
- Cut away from yourself to prevent injury.
- Use a metal ruler to cut straight lines. A ruler with a foam or cork bottom is recommended as it will prevent slipping.
- If you make a mistake, simply reprint and try again.
- To make a smaller or larger Pagami, try using your printer’s scaling options or take your Pagami PDF file to a copy shop for assistance.