Find Lasting Love This Valentine's Day!
Best Friends Animal Society wants to help you realize those #RelationshipGoals this Valentine's day: ditch the dating apps and adopt a pet! Who knows, you may even meet your human-sweetie at your local animal shelter (because what better way to bond than over your shared love of animal welfare?) Here's 12 more reasons why this year your Valentine's Day should be less chocolate and roses, and more adoption:
1. Hanging with a pet will give pleasant new meaning to “Netflix and chill."
2. Your pet’s lasting love will make you never fear being “ghosted” again.
3. Adopting a pet will help you overcome that fear of commitment.
4. You’ll always have someone there to kiss you good morning, even before you brush your teeth.
5. Walking a cat on a harness and leash is a guaranteed attention-getter.
6. Chances are your pet will love to spoon and snuggle as much as you do, if not more.
7. Your new canine companion will give you a valid reason to hang out and meet people at the dog park.
8. More than 63 percent of people consider pets to be members of the family (according to the AVMA). So no matter what the configuration of a family unit, pets are a perfect source of love and companionship.
9. If you’re not finding true love on Tinder, adopting a pet may be your answer.
10. A pet will help you get accustomed to 24/7 adoration and unconditional love.
11. An adopted pet can help you become less self-centered, as you learn to put another’s needs before your own.
12. If you’re looking for love, but are freaked out by forever, check with a local shelter or rescue to find out about fostering.
Best Friends Animal Society and its official media sponsor, Hallmark Channel, are offering pet adoption fees starting at $14 to help you find “The One.” The national event is taking place February 1-15 at Best Friends adoption centers in Utah and Los Angeles, New York, as well as through participating No More Homeless Pets Network partners across the country. For more information on the event and on adoption head to: bestfriends.org/