Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian Cat Fans!
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian subcribers, fans, and supporters. If you are up to your ears in Turkey prep today, why not take a few extra minutes to make a special tasty treat for your cats--cooked giblets! It's easy and the cats will love it!
1. First remove the giblets from the turkey cavity, and then remove any additional packaging.
2. Thouroughly rinse the giblets under cool water
3. Pour 2-3 cups of water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
4. Add giblets to boiling water, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7-10 minutes.
5. Remove giblets from the water when cooked, and allow them to cool completely before serving to your feline buddy.
You may want to cut the prepared giblets into smaller pieces before serving. If this is a new food for your cat, it is always smart to introduce only a small amount on the first day to reduce the chance of your cat experiencing gastro-intestinal distress.