What You'll Need:
- One SpeedyCut rubber pad
- One Speedball linoleum cutter handle and blade
- Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink* in your desired colour
- A shirt to stamp on—whatever style you fancy!
(All of the above should be found at your local art supply store.)
Using a ballpoint pen, draw or trace your design on your rubber pad.
>> Find an assortment of adorable cat‑head silhouettes like the one pictured in this DIY at moderncat.com/stamp.
- Using the linoleum cutter, create your stamp by stripping away the rubber surrounding your design. When you’re done, the cat-head design will be raised and everything else will be in relief.
- Ink your stamp and start stamping!
- Let dry at room temperature for at least a week before washing.
*Speedball's Fabric Block Printing Inks print on a range of fabrics (cotton, poly blends, linen, rayon…), dry to the touch overnight, and remain permanent through the wash with no heat-set required. After the ink is dry (4-7 days), you're ready to wear and wash normally! How cool is that?
Tips for Success…
- Make sure you’ve created a “clean” stamp. Before you start stamping on your t-shirt, ink your stamp and test on a piece of paper. If anything other than the cat-head design transfers to the paper, strip away more of the rubber surrounding your stamp.
- Put a piece of plastic or paper inside your t-shirt to ensure none of the ink transfers through to the other side.
- Wait until the front side is dry before flipping over to stamp the back.
- To make extra-sure your finished t-shirt design is set and washable, iron it before laundering.
- Wear with pride!