Chinese New Year is celebrated around the world in unique and varied ways, wherever a significant Chinese population has taken root. North America is no different; in fact, in the U.S. alone, people of Chinese constitute the third largest immigrant group and the largest Asian ethnicity, numbering about 2.7 million according to the recent Census report.
With festive season around the corner it’s important that we look after our pets. Pet Remedy highlights the dangers of festive celebrations and explains how you can minimize the stress and anxiety that they cause for our pets.
There are a number of steps that can be taken to keep pets as calm as possible:
- Keep dogs and cats inside with all doors and windows closed
- Set up a ‘safe’ area; a bed or crate with familiar smells, sounds and toys
- Ensure pets are microchipped; in the event they do run away they will be reunited quickly
- Take dogs for a long walk so they won’t be so active during the evening’s festivities
- Put the television on or play music to create a distraction
- Use pet calming products
Carina Evans, CEO of Podium Pet Products Ltd. also explains how Pet Remedy can help to reduce anxiety amongst our pets during the festive season or other distressing times.
“Pet Remedy, either plugged in as a diffuser or sprayed onto your pet’s bedding or clothing, can help to calm your pet and reduce stress levels. The special blend of essential oils are clinically proven & natural and work alongside the brain’s natural ‘messengers’ to help calm the nerves of anxious or stressed pets. Pet Remedy is unique in that it is non-sedating and can be used cross-species. It is currently being used by thousands of pet owners, kennels, vets and rescue centres across the world with incredible success.”