Pod Launches World’s First Customizable Modular GPS Tracker & Extends Connected Pet Technology To Tracking Virtually Everything
Pod, the world’s smallest, lightest, fully-waterproof GPS Pet tracker, which has transformed animal tracking around the world, has announced a breakthrough approach for tracking: modularity.
Based on an overwhelming demand for customization of its trackers, they created Pod 3, which turns the fundamentals of tracking on their head by moving beyond a one-size-fit-all device. Pod is launching Pod 3 with a Kickstarter to enable pre-purchase.
“A single-purpose unit is no longer enough. From our global work with pets, we learned people need multiple solutions in a single tracker,” said Sebastian Langton, Pod founder and CEO.
“Modularity allows every user to get the necessary core features and then adapt their experience through additional modules. Each module delivers an important new capability and these capabilities make Pod 3 the only tracker in the world that can be easily and inexpensively to protect a range of valuable things.”
Pod 3 has all of the device and app-based features of the previous versions, which include real-time GPS location, safe zone and escape alerts settings, and activity monitoring. Modularity builds on this industry-leading platform with the following features:
- Sound – Adds another layer of safety with the Sound module. It produces a 90dB beep audible from over 30 meters away and, among other things, assists in short-range location and behavior training.
- Ultrasonic – Activates a discreet high frequency sound wave which can only beheard by animals & pests. This feature can do everything from bird control on a boat to bark suppression training.
- Light – High powered LEDs can be set to fixed or flashing as a night-time tracking aid, safety feature, area illumination and theft deterrent.
- PowerDock – Provides continuous power to your Pod by wiring up to an external USB or battery power source. This module allows for continuous tracking of assets well beyond any limits currently available to trackers.
- XL Battery – The XL Battery module delivers increased power capacity to a maximum of two weeks.
The original story behind Pod featured in headlines around the world. A little more than two years ago, Sebastian Langton lost his best friend in the world, Rango, who he called “possibly the coolest cat on the planet” and his companion through many adventures. After going through the pain of losing Rango, Seb was determined to find a way to prevent other pet owners from going through the same pain and Pod was born.
This journey has seen Pod experience 300% year-over-year growth, been sold around the world online and through four major pet retailers, and partner with major Hollywood movies.
Pod is a real-time GPS device, specifically designed to track and locate your cat or dog anywhere in the world. It is simple to use, ultra-light, waterproof and built to withstand the toughest of pet adventures. Now you never have to worry about losing your best friend again.
Pod has been engineered to be the smallest & lightest real-time GPS pet tracker in the world. Its unique barrel design has been created to be as comfortable on your animal as possible and our custom strapping mechanism allows your Pod to fit collars of all shapes and sizes.
Unlike other trackers on the market, each Pod comes with two interchangeable batteries so you never have to remove the unit from your animal’s collar or worry about downtime while the unit is charging.
Pod is packed with technology and supported by the Pod mobile app and website, which allows you to interact with your unit by setting custom safe zones, monitoring activity and much more.
- Real-time location
- Perimeter alerts
- Activity tracking
- Fully waterproof
- Interchangeable batteries
Pod uses Vodafone and its partner networks from around the World to provide the communication between the Pod and the app.