Your cat will adore this sushi cat toy! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Thread: black & white
- Measuring tape
- Felt in: black, white, red, pink & green
- Catnip (around 4-5 Tbsp) or cotton batting
- Cut 2 white circles (2” in diameter) for rice; 1 black rectangle (1.5” x 6.5”) for seaweed; 2 pieces of green for avocado; 2 pieces of pink for ginger; and 2 pieces of red for salmon.
- Stitch 1 piece of the red, green and pink to each of the white circles.
- Using a blanket stitch, stitch the ends of the black rectangle to make a circle.
- Sew both rice rounds onto the seaweed. Leave a small opening on one side.
- Fill the roll with the catnip or cotton batting. Stitch the hole closed and present to your discerning cat. These also make a super-cute gift for a cat-loving friend!
*Don’t have the time—or dexterity—to make your own sushi toys? Check out the catnip-infused Maki and Nigiri toys from munchiecat. Their sophisticated sushi sets will please even the most discerning feline. From $39, Amazon.com/munchiecat
For more of Kristina’s pawesome pet accessories, visit SoFetchPet!