Finding Wellness Naturally With Homeopathy for Cats
Ease your cat's ailments and maintain her good health with gentle natural medicine alternatives
Homeopathy has been around for ages. Since at least the 18th century, humans have used homeopathic remedies, designed to heal ailments and maintain good health by triggering our bodies’ own internal systems. Homeopathy practitioners use this ancient form of natural medicine to benefit our pets, too.
Using the principle of “like cures like,” homeopaths for pets choose small, diluted doses of naturally-occurring substances like herbs and minerals to treat the symptoms of illness or enhance wellbeing. Unlike pharmaceutical medicine, homeopathic remedies are free of unwanted side effects and are gentle on the body. They activate your cat’s own existing disease-fighting mechanisms to promote healing, rather than call on harsh chemicals that can disrupt the natural flow of body systems.
What can pet homeopathy treat? Virtually anything! Homeopathic remedies include:
- Relaxation remedies for separation anxiety, fear, and stress that contain soothing ingredients like chamomile and calendula.
- Mobility and joint homeopathic medicines help aging cats maintain agility by using the active ingredient arnica, which comes from the sunflower family of plants.
- Allergy and skin remedies alleviate scratching, biting, and allergy irritations by soothing skin with echinacea and the herbaceous nightshade plant.
- Digestive upset can be treated with homeopathic remedies that contain the natural mineral phosphorus combined with nux vomica, a deciduous tree native to India and Southeast Asia.
What can you and your pet expect during homeopathic treatment?
Rather than depend on a diagnosis that only summarizes superficial symptoms, a homeopath practitioner assesses the entirety of a pet patient’s individual state of wellness through an observation period of whole-body symptoms that affect physical, mental, and behavioral states in order to ensure a perfectly matched treatment solution.
Medicines sourced from powerful natural ingredients like calendula and echinacea are chosen to address the signs and symptoms assessed under observation and are administered as easy-to-use pellets, globules or liquid tinctures.
* Remember, it is always recommended to consult your veterinarian prior to starting new treatments.